My beautiful new water feature at work is making me feel a little philosophical. Today I’m stuck in a rut. I've got the routine thing going on, problems and deadlines. During a coffee break one of my co-workers was talking about the “seasons" in life, kind of like she had to “add” a little spice here and there, but I’m not going “there”…remember now, I’m feeling philosophical. ;)
To me, “seasons" in life refers to an idea that nothing in life lasts forever, and with time, all things change. It’s a shame that this also applies to the good times as well, like when you’re going on vacation and getting away from it all or you’ve gotten that unexpected promotion.
When I was about 21, my father told me that no one in this world is completely happy, but that there are only moments of happiness. I think of those words often.
I guess the sweet, sour, bitter and pungent must all be tasted, so I’ll reflect on the sweet times and minimize the sour ones. I hate those sour ones, but it’s not a biggie…I know it’ll pass.
God is Good
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You (as well as the rest of us) may not be happy all the time, but your inner joy that's rooted in your faith comes through with the closing phrase of each of your posts: "God is good." Amen, sistah!
Janell,
Yes! How great is our God? I hear you Sistah!! LOL!
That is so true and think about this. After you taste something sour, everything else tastes sweet. I try to tell myself that the bad times will only last a while and I concentrate on the good. It helps me get through those bad times.
Wow, this post WAS philosophical.
Chica, we need to do lunch again, and work on the sweet season. ;)
There will always be up times. There will always be down times. The key is to stay emotionally stable through the cycles. God watches over every single one of us. I am confident that everything will be alright.
Greg,
I agree…I do that as well. Sometimes a little chocolate helps :)
Scarlet,
Yes!...We must, we must, we must increase our………………time together and have lunch again! LOL!!
Flyinfox,
I heard Bob Marley playing in the background as I read your post..."Dont worrrry about a ting..cuz every little ting is gonna be all right.... :)
Post a Comment