The Consultation:
As I sat on the examination chair the Dr. walked in and asked “What brings you in today”? I pulled out my notes, a folded piece of paper that I had tucked under my leg. I wanted to make sure not to forget a thing. The Dr. flipped a switch and this super fluorescent light was now directed towards me. She walked around the chair, looking at my face lifting my chin with her index finger. I began telling her my “wish” list:
-I’m looking for a procedure that will change the texture of my skin.
-Buff away some minor skin discolorations that only make up can cover-up.
-I would like a bright, fresh, smoother complexion with a little skin tightening.
-I don’t want to be a slave to expensively prescribed “at home” night and day regimens that
promise you’ll see some results in 6 to 8 months, which the fine print reads “results not
typical.”
-I don’t want to be injected with anything.
Okay, I think the only thing missing on my list was “A Partridge in a Pear Tree”. I had my expectations, but who doesn’t? I’ve read so much on noninvasive procedures and different types of lasers like: Fraxel Repair, Active FX and IPL, so I’m thinking “This is what they’ll probably recommend and do”. I was excited as I believed I was the perfect candidate. Well, almost…
The doctor suggested:
STEP 1
- Vibraderm combined with a very mild Lactic Acid Peel - 6 sessions divided up every two
weeks. When all six sessions have been completed it’s time for Step 2.
The doctor explained that Vibradermabrasion Therapies, which is the new way to do microdermabrasion is a fast, comfortable produces with exceptional results. 75-85% of the stratum corneum (top layer) is removed in minutes and prepares the skin for additional procedures such as Lactic Acid Peels. The result: Skin will become soft and smooth with tone and texture improvements after one treatment, but realistically I’d see more of a difference after the 3rd session.
STEP 2
- Active FX with Tightening – 6 sessions
(I’ll get to the description when I get there…If I get there. I might only need to complete Step 1)
Lunch with Scarlet:
What a pleasant surprise to get a call from her at 11:00am. I didn’t even get a chance to say “Hello?”…and she blurted out “I’m OFF Today…let’s do Lunch!” and we did just that! I told her I’d let “her” blog about it. http://scarlet1216.blogspot.com
We had a wonderful lunch at “Origins” (A. Rod’s Thai, Vietnamese and Japanese restaurant) We were up to our shenanigans and of course she had the camera, then she did a video…too much! Good times, like the Ol’ times…
God is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Chica, I've seen you up close and you have NOTHING to worry about!
Btw, the video wouldn't download...but I'll never forget it! You taking that quarter from Buddha and rubbing it on his belly was hilarious! :)
Thanks for treating me to lunch. Next time I PAY...or I won't go.
For the life of me I can't see why you need to have any of this done. It sounds like you and Scarlet had a wonderful time. I really should get down that way sometime. I have an uncle that lives in Boca so that would be a good excuse. I m adding you to my blog list. I hope that is ok. And by the way, I love the Jesus message on the sidebar.
I don't know...maybe its me. But this sounds painful...
Scarlet,
Too bad the video didn't download...it was too funny! We have to do it again soon. There is nothing better than laughter for the soul!
Greg,
I guess this is just small way to keep up with a little youthfulness. There is nothing wrong with that, right?
Flyinfox,
It's just you...believe me when I tell you "Nothing hurts more than giving birth..nothing!" :)
yes, that stuff sounds painful. You look beautiful in your picture - just keep smiling. I have the permanent frown/worry lines, too, but I'm keeping them. I worked hard for them and for my grey hairs, which I ain't gonna cover up. (See Proverbs 16:31)
I hope Ike doesn't stir up too much trouble for you & Scarlet. Take care!
Janell,
Thanks for your kind words. Actually, I have spoken to other ladies who have had the vibraderm done and they say it is 0 discomfort. I'm going to have my first session done on Thursday. I'll keep you posted. We dodged another hurricane, but I am keeping those that are in the path in my prayers.
Post a Comment