After many months of entertaining the idea or maybe it’s been longer…like a year, I have decided to start my own “Blog”.
I was introduced to the idea after I read my friend Scarlet’s blog. http://scarlet1216.blogspot.com. Then I began reading others. It was like having my very own collection of different “reality” books. So many subjects and so many interesting topics to choose from, I found myself wanting to start one, but could never get motivated enough to start.
When Scarlet and I would speak on the phone, she’d remind me about “The Blog”…when I’d get an email from her, she’d end it cheering me on to… “Start the Blog”, when I couldn’t get to the phone she’d leave me a voicemail message asking me in a confused tone… “Have you started your blog?” She even blogged about my blog on her blog.
Here is her excerpt:
Brooke, I was hoping you'd read this. :) You and I have so many funny, wild and wonderful stories...I could write a book. You're like the sister I never had. Now get your ass in gear, and start your blog. NOW!!
You get the picture, right? Well, coming from a mom of 2 boys, I’ve realized that just like planning to have a child/children, it’s never the “right time”, but it always seems to work out.
Scarlet and I have been friends since we were 3 years old. We were two Cuban families living next door to each other in upstate NY, which was very rare since the majority were Italian families. I consider her my very dear “Amigita de la infancia” (My little friend since infancy.) We have shared SO much through the years and basically, most of our teen years were spent together and because of that, I know I’ll be writing about those wonderful memories that I’d like to pass on to my children and give them a chance to know what a wonderful, happy and loving childhood I had.
God is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Brooke, you did it and I'm so proud of you! You and I go way back and I know you have some good stories in you...better than mine!
You'll look back on this journal one day and remember "the way we were." It'll be fun, and don't worry, I'll whip you into shape if you start slacking off! ;)
Good. Keep going. God Bless.
Scarlet,
Thanks for your kind words...maybe together we could write a book. I know that you'll be there and I'm thankful for that.
Venus66,
Thanks for stopping in and leaving your positive vibes. Blessings to you as well.
Brooke, Welcome to blog world! Dive on in the water is great. - I look forward to reading yours.
Brad
Any frienda Scarlet's is a frienda mine. I hope you enjoy your blogging experience. It's been fun for me since '04.
And...any frienda Jesus is a a frienda mine, too.
Yea!!! Scarlet is the best friend anyone could have! We are all blessed to have her in our lives!
Hi Brooke ~ I just thought I'd stop by and say a real big "HI!" Well... and because Scarlet told me to! I hope you enjoy your new blogging adventure! ~ jb///
So glad to meet you, Brooke! I can't wait to read more about you. I'm actually a very boring person, but my friendship with Scarlet keeps my life interesting.
I hope you are all okay with the hurricane stuff going on.
Brooke
Welcome to blogworld. Can't wait to hear some of your stories, especially the ones about Scarlet. Don't hold back now. I hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do.
Paul,
Very nice to meet you! It's wonderful to know that both you and I have 2 very good friends in common. I’m looking forward to blogging with you.
Greg,
What a warm welcome! With so many stories to tell, you’ll get an ear full! Holding back?...well, some things do have to stay in the vault. ;)
Brad,
Dive in the water?...I feel like I need to dip my big toe in first. You know how that goes…one body part at a time until you get use to the water. I look forward to reading your blog at well.
Chaterness,
Hi, nice to meet you! Yes!...I feel the same way about Scarlet! She IS a blessing and so funny. Have a beautiful day and I’m sure we’ll speak again soon.
LZ,
Thanks so much for your greeting. Scarlet is too much! I went on her blog last night and saw that she added a P.S. regarding my blog. I just shook my head and laughed. She has that effect on me!
Hi Janell,
So great to meet you as well! I can’t wait to read more about you! Those that say their lives are boring are the ones that have the most fun! At the moment, no worries here with hurricanes, our mini-paradise seems undisturbed for now.
Brooke,
Welcome aboard! Good post! Me? I am just a Cuban guy living in San Antonio TX....
I am looking forward to the stories!
Aren't you the one that steals quarters from the fountain at the mall? What happened to those quarters? Welcome To blogger-ville!
FlyinFox,
Thanks! I’m glad you liked my first post. Cheers from Miami!
Coby,
LOL! Yes, you are correct…I believe the year was 1979? (Scarlet, please correct me if I’m wrong) The good thing is that Scarlet and I didn’t steal the coins to buy lip gloss or buy something cheesy like a lava lamp from Spencer’s, but we used it for the arcade, GALAGA to be exact. Our conscious remain clean…the quarters did stay in the mall after all.
Post a Comment