Question: What’s the longest word in the dictionary?
Answer: SMILES… because there’s a MILE between the first “S” and the last “S”
Two weeks ago an 18 yr old bag boy at the grocery store grinned at me and said “Hey, smile…it’s a beautiful day” I thought I was smiling, so I gave him a bigger smile in return as I pushed my cart away.
Last week as I stood in line at the bank, the lady in front of me kept glancing towards the back of the line shaking her head and making eye contact with me. Then she turned around once more and said “Yeah, I’m upset too!…this is ridiculous, we still have two more people in front of us and only one teller open?” (I’m thinking “Okay…I haven’t said a word to this woman and actually I’m not in a rush, so I’m not upset…why would she say this to me?”)
On Labor Day our family went to a great Italian restaurant for an early dinner. We ordered, the kids were well behaved, our food arrived promptly and presented beautifully. When the waiter came to check if we needed anything else, I looked up at him and before I could get a word in, he said with a worried look on his face “Is your food okay?... you don’t look happy with what you ordered, is it all right?.” I shook my head in disbelief and with a smile, nodded and told him that it was delicious.
Yesterday a co-worker came up to me as I was getting coffee and said “Smile!... we have a 4 day work week!” Well, that was it! Why does everyone think I’m upset? I now find myself playing with my face, staring at my complexion from every angle and making conversational gestures in the bathroom mirror, in the rear view mirror and any reflective object that I come across. As I slightly stretched the area between my eyebrows, it was like magic! I didn’t look “mad” anymore! It finally hit me last night…I’m not upset, I need BOTOX!
I really try to take care of my skin and stay out of the sun as much as possible. I love sun block, am a non smoker and go “organic” as much as I can. I tend to be a hypochondriac, so the idea of injecting botulism into my face scares the crap out of me! There has to be another way. I’ll find out soon enough… I have my first consultation tomorrow with a dermatologist.
God is good!
Answer: SMILES… because there’s a MILE between the first “S” and the last “S”
Two weeks ago an 18 yr old bag boy at the grocery store grinned at me and said “Hey, smile…it’s a beautiful day” I thought I was smiling, so I gave him a bigger smile in return as I pushed my cart away.
Last week as I stood in line at the bank, the lady in front of me kept glancing towards the back of the line shaking her head and making eye contact with me. Then she turned around once more and said “Yeah, I’m upset too!…this is ridiculous, we still have two more people in front of us and only one teller open?” (I’m thinking “Okay…I haven’t said a word to this woman and actually I’m not in a rush, so I’m not upset…why would she say this to me?”)
On Labor Day our family went to a great Italian restaurant for an early dinner. We ordered, the kids were well behaved, our food arrived promptly and presented beautifully. When the waiter came to check if we needed anything else, I looked up at him and before I could get a word in, he said with a worried look on his face “Is your food okay?... you don’t look happy with what you ordered, is it all right?.” I shook my head in disbelief and with a smile, nodded and told him that it was delicious.
Yesterday a co-worker came up to me as I was getting coffee and said “Smile!... we have a 4 day work week!” Well, that was it! Why does everyone think I’m upset? I now find myself playing with my face, staring at my complexion from every angle and making conversational gestures in the bathroom mirror, in the rear view mirror and any reflective object that I come across. As I slightly stretched the area between my eyebrows, it was like magic! I didn’t look “mad” anymore! It finally hit me last night…I’m not upset, I need BOTOX!
I really try to take care of my skin and stay out of the sun as much as possible. I love sun block, am a non smoker and go “organic” as much as I can. I tend to be a hypochondriac, so the idea of injecting botulism into my face scares the crap out of me! There has to be another way. I’ll find out soon enough… I have my first consultation tomorrow with a dermatologist.
God is good!

4 comments:
Brooke, you're beautiful! What's wrong with those people?! What do they want, a Stepford Wife?? :)
You're the real deal. Be careful with that Botox, Chica. You don't need it.
I usually have a smile on my face. People are always asking me why I am so happy. I just say I am glad to be alive. It sometimes makes people nervous that I am so happy.
Yes stay away from the Botox. My doctor suggested I get some to stop some eye spasms I was having and now I am having to do exercises to TRY to strengthen my facial muscles. Another doctor I went to said the damage may be permanent.
If you are thinking about it and a doctor says it is safe, then ask why they make you sign a waiver to get the shots.
Don't do the BOTOX!!! NO!!!!!!
I think you need to ask yourself why, after a few people commented, you are not comfortable in your own skin.
I think that you need to work on your self image and realize that the person you are is what is important. Those that love you will know.
Botox does not fix anything.....
Scarlet,
I am scared to death about Botox. You know I'm a chicken!! I'll fill you in later on my Derm Appointment.
Greg,
I too am always happy and laughing. Why not? God is good! Botox is not an option for me. I'm too scared! Geez, I can't believe people sign those waivers!
Flyinfox,
No Botox for me. I hate needles. My outer-self needs a little natural rejuvenation. I have the holy spirit with me, so inside…I’m feeling great!
Post a Comment