
I am going out of my mind today….and for a really shallow and dumb reason…I’m even upset with myself for being upset. Alright, here it is: I don’t have my cell phone with me. Pathetic, right?...Why am I so depended on that darn thing? Well, maybe it’s because - I figure that today of all days will probably be the day that I’ll really need my phone. What about that important call I’ll miss?…that text message that needs an answer ASAP?...a flat tire? a car accident?...or even an emergency call from the school!
Late Saturday evening, my 5 yr old asked if he could play a game on it. Then about 15 minutes later, my 7yr old told me that he wanted a turn. I asked my little one to please share with his brother…he said “I’m not sharing, and if he wants a turn he’s going to have to find the phone, because I forgot where I put it.” I asked again semi-smiling, “Where is Mommy’s phone?” He just shrugged and told me that he hid it in so many places that now, he can’t remember where. (Lovely!) We’ve searched everywhere and nothing, but of course it doesn’t help that I had the phone on vibrate and by now the battery is dead.
Growing up my parents didn’t have cell phones - everything ran smoothly. I didn’t have a cell phone is high school - my friends and I didn’t have any difficulties communicating with each other. This society loves electronics and technology, but this is crazy: The other day when picking my son up from school, I saw some of the children in his second grade class that had iphones. What?...for what?
As for myself, I’m hanging in there…it’s been now 5 long hours, but I did send out a blast email to all those that I have daily contact with and see if they’d throw me a pity-party for not having a phone today. Tonight is family night…so instead of playing Chutes and Ladders we will be playing “Whoever finds the BlackjackII is the winner!” I’m just really hoping he didn’t flush it down the toilet. :)
God is GOOD! All of the time!
Late Saturday evening, my 5 yr old asked if he could play a game on it. Then about 15 minutes later, my 7yr old told me that he wanted a turn. I asked my little one to please share with his brother…he said “I’m not sharing, and if he wants a turn he’s going to have to find the phone, because I forgot where I put it.” I asked again semi-smiling, “Where is Mommy’s phone?” He just shrugged and told me that he hid it in so many places that now, he can’t remember where. (Lovely!) We’ve searched everywhere and nothing, but of course it doesn’t help that I had the phone on vibrate and by now the battery is dead.
Growing up my parents didn’t have cell phones - everything ran smoothly. I didn’t have a cell phone is high school - my friends and I didn’t have any difficulties communicating with each other. This society loves electronics and technology, but this is crazy: The other day when picking my son up from school, I saw some of the children in his second grade class that had iphones. What?...for what?
As for myself, I’m hanging in there…it’s been now 5 long hours, but I did send out a blast email to all those that I have daily contact with and see if they’d throw me a pity-party for not having a phone today. Tonight is family night…so instead of playing Chutes and Ladders we will be playing “Whoever finds the BlackjackII is the winner!” I’m just really hoping he didn’t flush it down the toilet. :)
God is GOOD! All of the time!

5 comments:
This is so timely for me. Today I saw our garbage collector, hanging off the back of the truck - throwing garbage with one hand while talking on his cell phone! I thought to myself, what could possibly be that important? Although I use mine infrequently, I too would miss it if I didn't have it, I think it's like a security blanket!
Hope you find yours...soon!
LOL - I got your blast email, Chica, and I felt your pain...I really did/do.
If I were at your place tonight, I'd help you look. I really would.
Please find it soon. I text you this morning and I want a reply. Apurate!! :)
Been there done that. Well my wife has anyway. She seems to lose her phone daily. You did remind me to turn mine on and I thank you. You never know when there might be an emergency at school.
Yes what did we do before cell phones. If things get tighter I may consider giving mine up as well as cable TV.
My 11 year old asked for a cell phone but we told him no. He said he is the only one in his class without one but I don't care. When he starts to drive he can have one if he pays for it.
When he was 3 he tossed the remote control in the toilet and we found it after I removed the toilet and turned it upside down. What a mess.
That's TOO funny, Brooke!
I don't have a cell phone. I always think back to the really old days when you spoke to the person who is standing in front of you instead of the person who didn't bother to come see you in person.
My daughter recently recovered a pair of sewing scissors that I was sure I had hidden to keep anyone from using them to cut paper. I thought I had forgotten my hiding place. It turns out, they had fallen into the chair cushion where I had last used them.
Good luck with your search.
Pat,
You made me laugh! I really wouldn't want to borrow that guy's phone in any kind of emergency! :)
Scarlet,
Yes, my friend, I know you would be there for me. Thanks for feelin' da pain. :)
Greg,
Your son and my son must be talking to each other because he tells me the same thing. He want's a phone too...and it's not going to happen. We found the phone this morning. That little bugger stuck it in the ceramic jar that holds the coffee grinds. Talk about a mess!!
Janell,
Ouch, I hope no one sat on that cushion! I admire you not having a cell phone. My husband made some coffee this morning and when he began scooping the coffee grinds, he yelled "Hey Honey...I found your phone" :)!
Post a Comment