
I mentally prepared myself Friday night to cast my early vote on Saturday morning. The polls opened at 9:00am and I got there at 8:30am. The line wrapped around the library as I walked to the end with my coffee and a magazine in hand. I immediately noticed all the “campaigners” from both parties putting up their signs and getting ready to hand out their “paper goodies”.
What I didn’t prepare for was being so annoyed with the aggressiveness of the Obama campaigners...they stuck signs in my face, tried to fill my hands with bumper stickers and a very enthusiastic lady wanted to put a “Change” pin on me. You’ve got to be kidding me, right? I was like “Excuse me, but
you have 30 signs in front of my face…you are only reminding me of how blind all of you are”…Needless to say, they left me alone. Don’t get me wrong, I would have felt the same way if it were McCain-ers doing this as well.
Okay…right on schedule, the doors opened at 9:00am and the line started to move. I walked through the library doors at 9:15am. I saw a forever snake line weaving through the bookshelves. In a nutshell my total wait time was 2 hours and 30 minutes. My vote was casted, I’m so happy that I’m done with it…now all I can do is pray. I know that it is God’s will and I pray that McCain wins, so….let’s see, I could start with Joshua 1:9 (I will be strong and courageous. I will not be terrified, or discouraged; for the Lord my God is with me wherever I go.)
What did I walk away with? - Two things: How you can strike a 2 ½ hour conversation with a complete stranger standing behind you in a matter of minutes, that otherwise wouldn’t happen if you were standing in line at a grocery store AND a sticker on my shirt that read “I Voted Today”
God is so very Good!
What I didn’t prepare for was being so annoyed with the aggressiveness of the Obama campaigners...they stuck signs in my face, tried to fill my hands with bumper stickers and a very enthusiastic lady wanted to put a “Change” pin on me. You’ve got to be kidding me, right? I was like “Excuse me, but
you have 30 signs in front of my face…you are only reminding me of how blind all of you are”…Needless to say, they left me alone. Don’t get me wrong, I would have felt the same way if it were McCain-ers doing this as well.
Okay…right on schedule, the doors opened at 9:00am and the line started to move. I walked through the library doors at 9:15am. I saw a forever snake line weaving through the bookshelves. In a nutshell my total wait time was 2 hours and 30 minutes. My vote was casted, I’m so happy that I’m done with it…now all I can do is pray. I know that it is God’s will and I pray that McCain wins, so….let’s see, I could start with Joshua 1:9 (I will be strong and courageous. I will not be terrified, or discouraged; for the Lord my God is with me wherever I go.)
What did I walk away with? - Two things: How you can strike a 2 ½ hour conversation with a complete stranger standing behind you in a matter of minutes, that otherwise wouldn’t happen if you were standing in line at a grocery store AND a sticker on my shirt that read “I Voted Today”
God is so very Good!

7 comments:
I am amazed at all the people who are voting early this year. My guess is there won't be anyone left to vote except me so there shouldn't be a line. I hope. :)
I can't believe you had to wait that long for early voting...but you took it in stride. I love that about you! :)
Amazing how aggressive some folks can get around election time. Imagine if you weren't a Christian...you'd be on CNN Breaking News: Miami Woman LOSES it at the polls!
Chica, the last time I heard all this talk about change, I was a speck in my father's eye. God help us!
I would not have the patience to wait in line that long. I'm glad I don't have much of a line to wait in on election day!
Wow, I've heard how so many are voting early. Let's just hope it is for the right man. Scarlet's dad said Obama reminds him of Castro before he got into power. God help us...is truly the phrase of the day. How can people be so blind...and deaf for that matter! Thanks for your wonderful blog. The scriptures you have chosen give me strength! Hope to meet you someday.
I'm so glad you did it too. Though 2 1/2 hours is a long time to wait, there is too much at risk to be lazy. I'll be in line too, no matter how long it takes, and I'll be praying right along with you for a victory for McCain!
How interesting Brooke, over here during voting day no one is allow to 'solicit' or influence voters.
Hey Brooke, can I have your email? My is shionge@hotmail.com
WOW! 2 1/2 hours? You're a great American, Brooke!
And I'm praying with you and Korin for a Mccain victory.
Post a Comment