Thursday, October 23, 2008

Politics Shmolitcs


When you do what you’re supposed to do like “Not talk about Politics” at work...everyone seems to be breaking that rule by buzzing around just waiting to hear something. Our office has been pretty good about that, but yesterday during our lunch hour with a room full of 8 people…(Including John - the poll taker for every category in life)…I found myself as their next target.

While I was out, it seems that everyone spent their free time last week exchanging their thoughts on who they were voting for. I walked in the lunch room with my delicious hummus, cucumber and turkey spinach wrap. As I sat down, I was hit with the question “Hey B, who are you voting for?” You’ve got to be kidding me, right? So… I did one of those “cross my leg and flip my hair over to the other side” gestures” and said
“You guys know better than to ask me that”!

OMGosh!!! Curiosity was killing the cat big-time!! They were all insisting… - they wanted a hint… - some assumed I was an Obama Girl while others were positive that I loved older men with the name John. This went on for 10 minutes and during all this, I was sooo wanting to take a bite from my wrap!

So, here goes: The last thing I ever want to do is to offend someone, so I apologized beforehand as I apologize to all of my friends who are reading this. I vote for what is sacred to me based on my upbringing and the integrity of bible truths. Jesus is the Living Word of God (John 1: 1).

For me, the bible gives God's precise rules for conducting all areas in my life--including my participation in this whole political thing. I believe we’ll have to give an account of our lives, it is very important to realize the choices we make in the voting booth will someday need to be defended before God.

I don’t go around preaching the bible publicly or try to change anyone in being who they are, I am not a Saint or pretend to be, but what I do, do on a daily basis is walk with the Lord and remind myself that I live in this world, but I am not of this world.

Everyone says you’re not suppose to mix religion with politics, but I have a real problem with the Democratic Party and Liberal judges supporting and declaring that "The Ten Commandments," "In God We Trust" on our currency, and "One nation, under God" in the "Pledge of Allegiance" is dangerous to our school children and our society.

I guess Jesus would never be invited to be keynote speaker at the Democratic National Convention, that's for sure! Oh, and "yes"... John took his poll and checked me off as voting Republican. ;)

God Is Good my friends!

6 comments:

Pat said...

I agree with your choice...100%!

Greg C said...

I love it Brooke. I too try to stay out of the discussions here at work but I like you am going with my heart and for the same reasons you spoke of. Great post Brooke.

Marla said...

I hate talking politics. I think it's a choice that no one needs to know. I have benn growing stronger in my faith, and what I once might have done cannot be the same for me anymore! I guess whoever gets to be the president, I will pray for!

Scarlet said...

I'm with all of you...100%!

Next time they ask you to discuss politics, dile que se vayan a freir huevos!

Janell said...

Me, too, Brooke!

And I'm with Marla that whoever wins will need to be prayed for.

And BTW, what does "dile que se vayan a freir huevos" mean?

I am SO not bilingual...

Deech said...

All I can really say to this is AMEN!