
The term slacker is commonly used to refer to a person who avoids work, but because I don’t consider “blogging” work, I’ll call myself a “Slackerblogger or a Bloggerslacker”. My friend Scarlet always makes me feel better. She tells me, “Don’t worry, blogging is the best, you do it when you can and think of it as your journal” So, today I just wanted to take a moment to get back on track. There is so much to say, so I plan on spreading it out in several posts.
I’ve spent a couple of days out of the office participating in off-site meetings and getting things ready for Jan’09! These past two weeks have been extremely busy for me with school projects, volunteering at church and participating/serving at the Woman Emmaus(Luke 24:13-35) Retreat. On top of all this, last Friday 10/17 was my son’s 8th birthday that I arranged for his class after school. OMGosh! When I walked in the classroom with the tray of cup cakes, those kids looked like they had won the lotto and I immediately became the “Coolest Mom” ever! Well, we celebrated that 8th birthday Friday evening at a restaurant and had a Saturday afternoon lunch with friends and Sunday as well with all of the cousins, grandparents aunts and uncles..okay, the whole family.! Needless to say, we had a full house!
In midst of all the chaos we did go to Saturday’s 5:30pm mass. Joe (my husband), the boys and I usually go to mass every Sunday, but with all the festivities we were happy to go Saturday night. Every weekend we look forward to going to church and thanking our wonderful Jesus for all the blessings that surrounds us.
I feel terrible that I haven’t been checking in with my blogger friends. I look forward to having that cup of green tea in my jammies with my laptop tonight and catching up on all the latest and the greatest!
I’ve spent a couple of days out of the office participating in off-site meetings and getting things ready for Jan’09! These past two weeks have been extremely busy for me with school projects, volunteering at church and participating/serving at the Woman Emmaus(Luke 24:13-35) Retreat. On top of all this, last Friday 10/17 was my son’s 8th birthday that I arranged for his class after school. OMGosh! When I walked in the classroom with the tray of cup cakes, those kids looked like they had won the lotto and I immediately became the “Coolest Mom” ever! Well, we celebrated that 8th birthday Friday evening at a restaurant and had a Saturday afternoon lunch with friends and Sunday as well with all of the cousins, grandparents aunts and uncles..okay, the whole family.! Needless to say, we had a full house!
In midst of all the chaos we did go to Saturday’s 5:30pm mass. Joe (my husband), the boys and I usually go to mass every Sunday, but with all the festivities we were happy to go Saturday night. Every weekend we look forward to going to church and thanking our wonderful Jesus for all the blessings that surrounds us.
I feel terrible that I haven’t been checking in with my blogger friends. I look forward to having that cup of green tea in my jammies with my laptop tonight and catching up on all the latest and the greatest!
Okay, so no excuses, and I know that there is always a price to pay for slacking off. Was I having fun being bombarded with a gazillion things? You bet! And isn't that what life is all about?
God is SO GOOD!

9 comments:
Hey thanks for the update and yes sometimes I feel like 'not blogging' at all too when I have too much things on my plate.
So there...welcome back :D
I have been reading a few blogs but haven't had time to post. Working some very long days and my mind is used up by the end of the day or night as I have been getting home at 9pm. Life is busy and we should be grateful that we have full and busy lives.
I have a constant battle between blogging and work but blogging usually wins. Glad you are doing well. Last night was band booster club night for me. I think tonight is clear so maybe I can catch up.
We're all slackerbloggers from time to time. I'm kind in the same slacker mode myself right now. Life is either busy or we take the times when it's not to just relax!
Sounds like your living life as God intended, enjoy your family and friends - don't worry, we always check back on you to see what's up!
When you see it as your personal journal, you're easier on yourself if you don't write every day.
For me, it's like therapy. I try to write daily...but I don't beat myself up if I don't.
You're doing awesome, Chica! Enjoy it! ;)
You are not alone in many ways. I too feel like I have not checked in with folks. Oddly enough I was a pilgrim in my Emmaus walk this past weekend...go figure.
Glad you are still here however.
Happy 8th birthday to the coolest mom's son!
I'm happy to read that you are enjoying all your blessings. Keep it up! I enjoy reading about it.
Hiya Brooke, can I have your email address?
Shionge,
Hi! I can't get into your blog and respond to your email. My address is justlexi@bellsouth.net
Have a great day!
Post a Comment