Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Boys ~


Here are the 2 most precious and beautiful gifts that the Lord has blessed both my husband and I with: Garrett (8) and Blake (5). I love this picture because it is SO them. Separate and apart from each other they are perfect little angels, but put them together and complete chaos! They bicker, they argue, they don’t share, BUT when they are away from each other, they miss each other tremendously. Is that love or what?

When school is out and we have to work, my Dad comes to our home and stays with Garrett and I’ll drop Blake off at my parent’s house. It’s incredible that they can not be together for longer than 7 minutes (I have timed it) before the “Mommmmmmy, Garrett’s looking at me!” or “Mommmmmmy…Blake took my Pokeman cards!”…so in fairness to my parents that I adore, and I don’t want them to go through the aggravation,...one child goes with one grandparent and the other with the other grandparent.

Growing up, it was just my sister and I. We were well behaved and played nicely together, except for a couple of occasions in our early teens, when she wanted to wear some of my clothes. My husband Joe tells me that brothers behave that way and not to get crazy about them bickering. He comes from a family of 3 boys and 1 sister. He tells me stories that send chills up my spine. All I can say is my poor mother in law!

I hope the boys pass this stage soon because I don’t like monkey business and I’m all for well mannered, polite and respectful children. I’ll nip it in the butt right away. They really are good hearted children and I’m happy to say they are “Mamma’s Boys”, BUT the LOVE their Daddy!

I really am truly grateful to have been blessed with 2 such wonderful miracles that: I Wanted even before they were conceived, Loved before they were born and Would have died for the moment I held them after birth.

GOD IS SO GOOD!

8 comments:

Marla said...

Your boys are just so cute! My boys got along fairly well, but they are six years apart. I think my oldest Seth and Emily, the middle child, who is 3 years younger than Seth tormented poor little Andy alot! I know that they tormented babysitters, I had a hard time keeping one. I'm glad that those days are over with! They all are pretty close and would stand up for one another, and are all very protective of me! They were a handful, but I wouldn't trade them for anything, not even the grief they put me through. Harder times may be coming for you! The dreaded teenage years are yet to come!

Shionge said...

They are so handsome and yes siblings do 'fight' but you know the bond will always be there :)

I hope you'll still come by to visit despite the extra step but be away for five days so shall blog again when I get back.....bye for now.

Greg C said...

I grew up in a house with 4 boys and one girl and we only fought occasionally. My two boys bicker all the time. I don't like hearing it so I usualy stop them. If they would take it outside I wouldn't care. :)

Pat said...

They are absolutely wonderful - their little smiles are the same, definite heart stealer's! How great that you are so considerate of your parents, I'm sure they appreciate it, but also wish they had both boys at the same time, but on the plus side, each gets that individual attention this way, and that always feels good. Keep up the good work - and love!

Scarlet said...

OMG, they're gorgeous! You think you have your hands full now...wait 'til las chicas start calling the house in a few years. ;)

I have a boy and a girl (4 years apart) and they fight, too. I used to brawl with my brother when I was little and now we're best of friends. It's comforting to know...this too shall pass.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Wow! They are gorgeous boys! (can you say that about boys? lol)

Smooth Sailing said...

Your boys are precious! Wow! Beautiful like you. Mine are the same age 5 and 7 and they are best friends too, except for the back and forth..during the day:) I'm the oldest of 5. Things were crazy for us and now we love each other too.

Great post. Children are such a blessing. I never want them to leave home.

Happy Reformation Day!

Janell said...

They are beautiful boys. You right when you say you are blessed!

I had one boy and one girl two years apart - they fought with each other half the time and played and laughed with each other the rest of the time and still do. They are 24 and 26 now. Both aspiring writers.